Corporate & Finance Dispute Resolution
_Wildgen supports clients with all types of corporate and finance disputes, and it boasts a team of lawyers with in-depth litigation and corporate transactional experience, as well as industry-specific knowledge.
Wildgen’s team of multinational lawyers represents Luxembourg and international clients in high-level and complex corporate and finance disputes at both pre-litigation and litigation levels, including minority and majority shareholder conflicts, director liability cases, investment fund litigation, post-M&A conflicts, securities litigation, and insolvency and restructuring-related disputes.
Wildgen provides a one-shop service in corporate and financial litigation, from pre-litigation matters such as conflictual shareholder meetings, risk management for shareholders and directors, to litigation, alternative dispute resolution and settlements. Moreover, our lawyers have an excellent strategic overview on how to solve and act in a conflictual situation as they also understand the transactional parts of such conflict. They can therefore also assist investors with an exit from an existing corporate structure, the setting-up of a new structure, or the drafting of corporate and financial documentation required to advance in the corporate dispute.
- Conflictual board and shareholder meetings
- Risk management for director and shareholder liability
- Fraud and asset tracing
- Corporate information enquiries
- Shareholder and investor litigation
- Corporate governance litigation, including manager liability
- (Post-) M&A litigation
- Securities litigation
- Investment fund litigation
- Insolvency and restructuring litigation
Alternative dispute resolution
- Analysis of the opportunity and merits of arbitration
- Arbitration agreements
- Enforcement of arbitration awards
- Legal opinions/witness statements on Luxembourg corporate and financial legal subjects in foreign legal disputes
- Negotiation advisory to solve conflicts out of court
- Drafting and negotiating of settlement agreements
Our lawyers have experience in handling a wide variety of disputes, both domestic and international, either outside the court or in all tribunals, and combine strategic and practical advice for businesses and high-net-worth individuals.
Recent disputes include:
- Foreign expertise in cross-border fund litigation in a major financial scandal
Value: EUR 2,000,000,000
- Representation and cross-border assistance in contesting the fraudulent transfer of a group of companies in the telecommunications business - Value: EUR 1,300,000,000
- Representation in a shareholder dispute in relation to a group of companies active in the retail sector
Value: EUR 2,000,000,000
- Representation in major corporate asset tracing and freezing proceedings
Value: EUR 1,000,000,000
- Representation in the complex cross-border corporate litigation procedures of a Russian group of companies - Value: EUR 80,000,000
- Representation in a complex corporate litigation procedure concerning a group of companies active in the real estate sector - Value: EUR 100,000,000
- Representation in a shareholder dispute in relation to a real estate company
Value: EUR 10,000,000
Wildgen is ranked as a 'Highly Recommended’ firm in ‘Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation’ by Leaders League.