Insurance & Reinsurance
_Wildgen Insurance & Reinsurance lawyers understand clients’ concerns, help to prevent contentious issues and facilitate the most complex transactions for them.
By providing our clients with the right expertise and a sound experience in life/non life insurance and reinsurance, we help them reach success in their international, European and Luxembourg business operations and strategy. They benefit from our experience in developing insurance products that comply with local legislative and regulatory requirements, resolving questions on insurance and reinsurance portfolios, and expanding and restructuring operations in Europe and beyond.
Our Practice Group encompasses lawyers who also specialise in different practice areas, lending the team broad legal expertise in a wide variety of industries and areas.
It handles transactions of all sizes and provides the following services:
- Licence applications
- Transaction approvals
- Insurers, Reinsurers, Insurance intermediaries
- Passporting EU rules
- Brexit impacts
- Distribution on a cross-border basis
- Professional secrecy matters
- Anti-money laundering procedures
- Legal structuring of dedicated life-insurance policies invested in securities or non-traditional assets for HNWIs
- Restructuring and portfolio transfers
- Private equity linked to the insurance policies
- General terms and conditions of all kind of insurance
- Life-insurance securitisation
- Launch of new products
- Insurance distribution and cross-border insurance
- Luxembourg markets
- Affinity insurance
- Surety insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Securitisation of insurance risks and cat bonds
- Setting-up and acquisition of reinsurance captives and mutuals
- Structuring and negotiating M&A transactions related to reinsurance companies
- Collateral and security structures
- Asset/liability management
- Reinsurance agreements
Our clients include Luxembourg and international insurance and reinsurance entities as well as brokers, corporate clients, bank and financial institutions.
Recent transactions include:
|Tier 1 firm in Insurance by international rankings|
|Heads of the practice recognised as leading lawyers in Luxembourg|
|First-class service and a client-focused approach|
|Wide-ranging and long-established network of experts worldwide|
|One-stop shop assistance|
|Quick and effective responses|
|Flexibility, reliability and innovative solutions|
Wildgen is ranked as a Tier 1 firm for Insurance by Legal 500 and Leaders League.
Karine Vilret is recommended as a Leading Lawyer in this practice area by Legal 500 and Leaders League while Michel Bulach is ranked as a Recommended Lawyer. Silvia Bracaloni is listed as a Rising Star by the Legal 500.