Wildgen Ranked as a Luxembourg Leading Law Firm in the New Edition of the Legal 500 EMEA
_Wildgen's teams are proud to have their expertise ranked amongst the best in the industry, in the 2021 edition of the Legal 500 EMEA.
In addition to being ranked as a top-tier firm (Tier-1) for Insurance, Wildgen is also delighted to announce that Partner Karine Vilret has been listed in the elite "Leading lawyers" group for Insurance, while Director Silvia Bracaloni has been listed in the "Rising stars" group for Insurance.
Wildgen's Banking & Finance, Commercial, Corporate & M&A, Investment Funds, IP-TMT, Insurance, Real Estate & Construction and Tax practices are ranked as leading in Luxembourg. Partners Michel Bulach (Banking and Finance / Insurance), Isabelle Charlier (Corporate law), David Maria (IP-TMT / Tax) and Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag (Banking and Finance / Investment Funds) are recommended for their standout contribution to their respective practices.
Read Legal 500's commentaries as well as exceptional testimonials given by our clients:
Banking and Finance
The 'very responsive and approachable' two-partner team at Wildgen provides 'solutions-oriented' advice to banks and private equity sponsors on acquisition financing mandates, utilising debt from across the capital structure. The 'committed and motivated' Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag co-heads the team alongside Michel Bulach, and excels in providing regulatory and transactional advice to German clients.
- ‘The firm provides solutions-oriented advice.’
- ‘The team was very responsive and approachable.’
- ‘The firm is well-positioned to assist with significant and multi-faceted transactions. The firm is highly regarded for banking and financial issues, and stands out from others with the resourcefulness of its seasoned professionals and deep understanding of its clients.’
- ‘Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag is an outstanding personality: there is always a solution!!’
- ‘Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag is committed and motivated.’
- ‘Giuseppe Cafiero is client focused and often helps us make material and sometimes innovative structuring decisions.’
Commercial, Corporate and M&A
The 'very knowledgeable and hardworking' team at Wildgen provides a 'responsive and flexible' service to multinational corporates, family businesses, start-ups and funds across a range of transactional and ongoing corporate and commercial work. [...] Isabelle Charlier co-heads the team and is noted for her ability to 'clearly answer questions, and present good and interesting proposals'.
- ‘The team provides pragmatic and solutions-oriented advice.’
- ‘It is a very knowledgeable and hardworking team.’
- ‘Isabelle Charlier clearly answers questions, and presents good and interesting proposals.’
- ‘Lionel Bonifazzi has excellent knowledge of the matters and is very precise.’
- ‘The very practical David Maria is very responsive and always available to assist.’
Wildgen does still have some capacity, particularly on the data protection front, where it is praised for its 'responsive and knowledgeable service'. Tax partner David Maria is the de-facto head of the team.
- ‘The team is very responsive and knowledgeable concerning our specific needs.’
The team at Wildgen is 'composed of lawyers with complementary and highly diversified skills in the insurance sector' and is thereby well-placed to advise clients in the life insurance, non-life insurance and reinsurance sectors across the gamut of aspects impacting their businesses. Karine Vilret has been pivotal to the firm's recent success in the area and, since her arrival to the team at the end of 2018 (...), has galvanised its offering, particularly in light of her contentious life insurance expertise. 'Strategic thinker' Michel Bulach co-heads the team alongside Vilret and provides non-contentious expertise to reinsurers, including on M&A in the sector, as well as on establishment and ongoing operational requirements. Silvia Bracaloni's arrival in October 2019 (...) further enhances the team's offering, in light of her 'detailed product and regulatory knowledge'.
Karine Vilret is ranked as a leading individual. Silvia Bracaloni is listed as a rising star.
- ‘The firm is composed of lawyers with complementary and highly diversified skills in the insurance sector.’
- ‘The members of the firm I have dealt with have always been very available, efficient and responsive.’
- ‘Karine Vilret has significant expertise in Luxembourg insurance law ’
- ‘Michel Bulach is a strategic thinker.’
- ‘Giuseppe Cafiero is excellent at bridging insurance expertise with financial market skills.’
- ‘Silvia Bracaloni has detailed product and regulatory knowledge, and makes her in-house experience count in client relationships and developing solutions.’
- ‘Silvia Bracaloni has deep knowledge and experience, having worked in the insurance sector.’
Wildgen's two-partner team provides 'client-oriented and highly professional' advice to fund managers and promoters, throughout the lifecycle of alternative investment funds and UCITS. [...] Banking partner Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag co-heads the team, and is noted, in particular, for her ability to provide an 'insider knowledge of processes with institutional investors in the German-speaking region'.
- ‘The client-oriented team provides highly professional and very good advice.’
- ‘This practice has successfully developed a very unique and professional range of services that perfectly meets the expectations of its clients.’
- ‘Responsiveness and individual knowledge as well as pragmatic approach.’
- ‘The very hands-on team has a solution-oriented approach.’
- ‘Wildgen has the personal touch of a small firm but the expertise of a large practice. The team has a good knowledge of fund management and brings a large spectrum of expertise in several languages.’
- ‘Aysun Tokbag has a good overview of complex structures and relationships and also quickly grasps supervisory law issues in the cross-border area.’
Real Estate and Construction
[...] Wildgen handles work for clients throughout the lifecycle of real estate transactions, from funding through to leasing. [...] The firm also excels at structuring real estate funds.
- ‘The firm’s understanding of the client’s commercial needs is truly noteworthy.’
- ‘The partner and all the associates show an incredible level of knowledge. Their preparedness was noteworthy and their ability to communicate to the client the legal requirements or restrictions of the transaction has been efficient and very effective.’
- ‘Romain Viard’s knowledge of his field of expertise in real estate was very obvious and incredibly useful in the transaction.’
Benefiting from 'extensive knowledge on corporate tax matters',Wildgen provides 'timely replies and solutions' to clients engaged in cross-border restructurings, M&A transactions and business migrations. 'Extremely user-friendly' team head David Maria is a 'subject matter expert and capable of describing sometimes complex issues clearly for a lay person'.
- ‘They are professional and have very good communication skills. In addition, they are always available for you and are particularly adept at identifying your problem and the associated risk factors.’
- ‘They seem to have extensive knowledge on corporate tax matters and this is reflected in their advice.’
- ‘David Maria is a subject matter expert and is capable of describing sometimes complex issues clearly for a non-tax lawyer.’
- ‘David Maria is an extremely user-friendly partner.’
- ‘We value Lionel Bonifazzi’s objective approach and clear and concise advice.’
- ‘Jérémie Ferrian showed great knowledge in each aspect of the business we were involved in. After carefully listening to our constraints, which is not the case of all other firms, his advice was swift and accurate.’
All our teams thank their clients for their continuous support.
Should you want to congratulate our teams or have any questions regarding these accolades or practice areas, contact our experts. They will be delighted to use their legal expertise and knowledge to help you.
About the Legal 500 EMEA:
Since 1991, the Legal 500 EMEA provides readers with an annually updated, impartial, third-party opinion on the leading law firms and lawyers in countries across the region, and the coverage extends to the Caucasus and Central Asia. The EMEA guide provides researched coverage of 85 countries and over 2,700 ranked law firms.